Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Growing Boys

We've enjoyed another week of antics with our three baby foster guinea pigs, Snap, Crackle and Pop.  They're growing up so fast!

We did another photo shoot with the boys over the weekend.  I wanted some more coffee cup photos as well as some "head shots" for their Dakin adoption page.  It took several minutes before they boys finally sat still.  Good grief, they're adorable.  

The amazing thing is how much they've grown in one week.  They pretty much tripled in size since they were born.  Wow!  They jump up and down to the second level with ease.  They move so fast it looks like they magically transport themselves from one floor to the next.

The other fun thing of retaking the cup photos is seeing clearly how much they've grown.  Just look at how big they were a week ago!  Especially Crackle - he's going to be a big boy.

They did a lot of new things this week.  They started begging and wheeking for treats with Laylla.  They also started coming to me for treats rather than stealing them from each other.  They're still very skittish (typical youngsters) but they now let me reach in and pat them with a single finger.  Lots of rumbling around.  I laugh when they run around and bounce off each other like billiard balls. 

I was also asked for updated photos for Mama Laylla's profile.  Isn't she a pretty girl?  Turns out, she didn't need them - Dakin contacted me that there's a new home lined up with a lonely sow looking for company.  Yay!  Laylla will have a friend.  I had been worried she was going to be solo for a while.

We could have an empty house tomorrow.  It's been three weeks since the pups were born, so they need to be separated from Laylla.  Crackle and Laylla are both scheduled to be returned to Dakin.  (Crackle will have a new home with another boar.)  I had thought those two might be the hardest to place, but they went first.  Snap and Pop also had a potential forever home in the works, but it didn't pan out.  They are currently listed on the adoption page.  If someone claims them by tomorrow morning, they'll be leaving us as well.  It will be a very empty (and quiet) house when they go. 



6 comments :

  1. Look at how they've grown - wow! Those cute piggies have definitely been very entertaining. I hope they each find the perfect home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 2 cup photo's really shows how much they've grown. Yeah for a forever home for Laylla. Good luck with getting the other 3 adopted.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to share the top coffee cup photo with DH. He’s an animal lover! Very cute he thought! I so enjoy your posts and photos of your pigs. Everything I know about Guinea Pigs I’ve learned from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - omg - they are adorable with a capital A! And what an inspired photo shoot to have them in coffee cups ... When we are stop traveling and camping so much, I see guineas in my future, along with hedgehogs!!! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, just so adorable, Sally! They are the cutest little sweet things. I'm so happy to read that they will have good homes too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable Snap, Crackle and Pop look sitting in the cups!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************