Wednesday, March 20, 2024

In Progress and Reworked

I finished the weekly clue for the two color mystery quilt.  One of a few finishes this week.  I'll be curious what comes next!


These little lemons were part of the inspiration for my citrus quilt that I made for Project Quilting.  I like the quilt, but in order to make the deadline I did a minimum of quilting and machine stitched the binding to the back.  I had a little time last weekend - so I ripped out the binding, added some more quilting, and then hand stitched the binding back in.

Oh, I am so much happier with the result - it doesn't look so saggy in the middle.  The only bummer is that I stitched over one of the pockets in the back.  There's just enough room for the dowel.  It's currently hanging in my kitchen.  So cheery!


This is the last week of this season's Project Quilting.  I started an ambitious project of a sweatshirt jacket, but I am unhappy with the colors and how it was shaping up.  So now I'm doing a hard stop and change of direction.  But my my next idea, albeit smaller, is probably just as difficult.  We'll see where it goes.  I need to have it pulled together soon!

4 comments :

  1. The two color mystery quilt looks interesting! I like how you reworked your citrus quilt. I've also gone back and added quilting. I've always wanted to make a quilted jacket or sweatshirt but haven't tried it yet. I'm looking forward to your next project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of your patchwork jacket. Love those blues. The citrus quilt will look cheery in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your citrus design - it actually makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The citrus design definitely looks good with that added quilting! I'm glad the dowel still fits in. Looking forward to seeing your PQ project!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************