Saturday, March 9, 2024

Project Quilting 15.5 - Water Bottle Holder

The latest Project Quilting challenge was called Wearables - the piece should either be something to wear or made from clothing or inspired by clothing.  The rules stated a bag could be worn ... so I figure water bottle holders count, too.

I have been wanting to make a water bottle holder for years - so long that one of the tutorials I had bookmarked popped up with a 404 error when I accessed it (yay for Wayback Machine!).  This was a great opportunity to use up the fabric I made from a stack of ¾-inch strips.  And then there's the satisfaction of crossing this project off my list.

I find the blues and greens so calming.  I really loved the fabric I used for the strap.  Unfortunately it was just a little too short - but I found another batik almost the same shade of blue.  The difference is hardly noticeable!

I added a lining, which made for a smooth top edge.  The bottom inside, though, has raw edges.  I wanted to make sure the lining didn't stick to a wet bottle and pull out.  I figure no one will ever see it. 

 

This will work so much better (and is much prettier!) than the old Kripalu strap I've used for my water bottle for decades.  Can't wait to show it off on my next yoga chick weekend.  

Sharing with:
Persimon Dreams - Project Quilting 15.5
QuiltFabrication - Midweek Makers

8 comments :

  1. That looks like a very handy thing to have, and the perfect answer to this challenge, too! I really like the colors you chose, and a great way to use up scraps as well. Fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful! I love a functional creation that is also pleasing to use. Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! I've been wanting one of these for ages. I wish I would have thought of making a water bottle tote! Enjoy your lovely scrappy project and the upcoming yoga weekend with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great way to use up scraps. And so practical too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute and so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is adorable! Love that you made something useful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************