Monday, March 11, 2024

QAL and Projects

I've finished the rick rack baby quilt (photos soon) as well as the latest Project Quilting challenge.  Time for some cleanup projects:   straightening out my sewing room, figuring out why my quarter inch foot doesn't like my Singer 201, even organized my fabric stash by color.  You know - the odds and ends before picking up the next big project.

I also joined a mystery quilt-a-long hosted by Canuck Quilter.  I've eyeballed several mystery QAL over the years, but haven't been willing to take the plunge.  No time.  Too many other projects.  And what if I hate the blocks when I'm done?  But a two-color mystery quilt?  Seems pretty hard to go wrong with that.  

I had a late start; I didn't pull my colors until week 2.  I wanted to make sure the colors I picked went with my Mom's bedroom (the end result will be a wall hanging).  Now I'm caught up!  I cut and stitched up this week's blocks over the weekend.

I found a good background fabric for the "caterpillar" quilt.  I have some ideas on how I want to quilt it.  I've laid it out and sandwiched it in hopes of starting the quilting this week. 

The next big project has a pattern, a color pallet, and ballpark yardage.  I need a trip to buy fabric... sometime in the next few weeks.  

Sharing with:
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle & Thread Thursday
Quilt Schmilt - To-Do Tuesday



3 comments :

  1. Whew! You have a lot going on...and it all sounds like FUN! The caterpillar quilt is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two color mystery sounds like fun! I don't think you can go wrong there. Love the caterpillar quilt - especially the flow of color! Have fun quilting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! The mystery quilt sounds interesting, but a no-no for me as I have already joined one (after many years). Love your 'caterpillar', can't wait seeing it done.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************