Thursday, March 21, 2019

I Like Thursday: Fabric, Music

Ryco's big sale was on Saturday.  The place was packed with happy people (even a husband patiently working with his wife picking colors for a quilt seemed engaged - he was pleasant to talk to).  It took me a lot longer than usual to get my fabric cut and checked out.  But what a festive atmosphere!

I was there half for myself, half for my sister's quilt.  I was disappointed not to find some lovely bolt in the Bargain Hunter's Cove.  The inexpensive stuff was long gone by the time I got there.  But I found fat quarters that begged to come home with me.



The majority of what I got was earmarked for my sister's quilt (although some of the fat quarters, once at home, didn't seem to work so well).  Pretty stuff and a honking spool of thread - I should be set for a while.

Speaking of my sister's quilt - did you see the latest blocks

A little string, little clothespins and I have quilt pieces on the wall.  Works for now (although I've gotten a few good ideas for a real design wall - thanks!).

Listening to some 90's music - The Power.  I chuckle every time I hear this song.  I instantly recall an afternoon of playing paintball with friends.  The opposing team included a college acquaintance of mine who hopped on the hood of his car and sang these lyrics at the top of his voice like a battle cry.  Ha!

Then I rolled back to the 80's - The Cars, Eurythmics and Huey Lewis.  Let the good times roll.

I like that I'm looking at a month of Friday contras - three of them should include at least some experienced dances.  Woot!  I'm trying to shake off the last bits of a cold - I am itching to kick up my heels.

More more good stuff at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


13 comments :

  1. A great selection of fabrics there. Your blocks look amazing on your 'design wall'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Those blocks are amazing! Well done! Have a great week and enjoy your fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning! Those blocks are coming along fabulously. Oooh, has you sister seen them? Does she read your blog? I'll bet she will be SO stoked to see them. Ahh, Huey Lewis - I love his music. And all that dancing will certainly shake the cold right out of you. Enjoy and have fun! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your NYB blocks! They're coming along great! And always fun to get new fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors in the blocks. Oh, I love my 80's music, always listening to it in the car (my poor children). Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and weekend as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blocks are beautiful. I love Huey Lewis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is not a doubt in my mind that if I hung those gems up to ponder, I would decide they had better stay right there on display forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The big sale actually sounds like fun - glad you got some things you needed! Your blocks look beautiful, and what a fun way to put them up on the wall! I grew up in the 60s and 70s, but I knew that song you shared right away. :) Hope it jazzed you up for more NYB blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those blocks are stunning. Yes to fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabric fat quarters begging to come home are almost as insistent as hungry guinea pigs! Glad you had so much fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your string and clothespin solution to block display :) Enjoy the dances!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowza, very cool blocks. A lot of love showing in that quilt to be. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************