Sunday, March 24, 2019

Lipstick on a Pig?

I do not like to share berries with my guinea pigs.  Raspberries, blackberries, blueberries are mine, all mine!  (Besides, they shouldn't have much fruit because of sugar content.)  They get a few cranberries in season, strawberry tops and the very, very rare blueberry.

They lucked out yesterday, scoring two blackberries.  We came back from grocery shopping and as I rotated what was left in the fridge, I found a couple of squashed blackberries.  Wedgwood was not sure what to make of them.  Smelled good enough to bite, but then she dropped it and tried to bite my finger instead.  No, no, not me!

I came back a few minutes later to see their verdict.  The berries were all gone - but they left a telltale mark.  I laughed when I saw Wedgwood's very pink lips.  Blackberry is a good color on her, don't you think?  She looked like a little tart. 




No lipstick on Mabel.  Instead, she was sporting a faint lettuce Fu Manchu.  Not quite as striking as blackberry lips, but still colorful.


3 comments :

  1. Love their lips! Y'all can't hide what you ate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos, very flattering pink lips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice lipstick. Mabel looks like she is going for a new hair color... green highlights. My daughter's hamsters were never this interesting or she kept all the cuteness to her teenage self ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************