Sunday, March 31, 2019

NYB F Blocks

These were fun blocks to make.  There were few points to line up, so even thought this has the most pieces of all my NYB patterns, it were easy to work with.  Easy doesn't mean fast!  I noted the last one took me a good two hours to complete.

I waver back and forth between the progress on these blocks and being anxious about how they'll all fit together.  I try to envision how it will look as I pick fabrics, then take the plunge of assembling it.  I've learned not to cut the solid bands until I have the rest stitched together because my first choice is rarely what I end up with.  This is so different than most of my quilts - my angst is mostly done with by the time I start stitching stuff together.  Even a badly botched block could be ripped apart and put back together.  I'm not sure I'd attempt that with one of these blocks.

Once I get another two sets done, I'll start arranging what I have so far to get a feel, then adjust color combos for the remaining blocks, if needed.  The blocks can look so different between being up close or from across the room.  I'm sure that will change again as I line them up all together.

The next few block patterns are simpler.  We'll see how they go. Onward and upward!

Sharing with:
Sew Fresh Quilts - Let's Bee Social

4 comments :

  1. I love watching this quilt grow. I had tried the process and found is was not in my wheelhouse, but I enjoy admiring the efforts of other quilters who have the knack for it. That happens in any craft. I also knit. My favorite knitting type is lace work. I find each type of crafter, be it a quilter, a knitter or something else finds their type of thing they love. You're, what I call, an experimenter quilter. Always trying new things and posting this blog to allow us to admire your many gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the row of little rectangles - they remind me of dentils in architecture. I don't know why they haven't jumped out at me before. Really caught my eye this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onward and upward, indeed! These blocks are looking fantastic. You are really having fun, aren't you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really amazing blocks, Sally! I love the orange and gold fabrics. I think this quilt is going to glow!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************