Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Getting the Hang of It

Within days Bugsy and the Punk had figured out the routine in this household.  By day five or nine, they knew the kitchen meant veggies and they wheeked at the refrigerator.  I thought they had it a little backwards, because they'd wheek louder after they got the goodies.  On the other hand, if a little wheeking got that much, just think of the results of even MORE wheeking.

Every day there was popcorning and zoomies.  The good news was - far less bickering.  Lots of energy, occasional spats, but everyone was settling in nicely.  I particularly liked the way the Punk looked like he had been tossed across the cage - or the way he "drifted" around corners.  What a goof!


I opened the third level in the cage after they'd been here a week.  I forgot to put up the camera when they got in the cage.  Bummer - because they were funny.  More places to run!

I also gave them a hammock and some cozies.  They slept on top of the tunnel and the cozies for the most part, but Bugsy figured out they were good for sleeping inside as well.

Neither piggy quite knew what to do with melon rind.  Nor cucumber (really?).  But peppers were a treat, along with dandelion greens.


Oh, those are good!  And lettuce was always happily consumed.


We were amazed how quickly we got back into the swing of things with piggies in the house.

Then on foster day 13 Dakin called unexpectedly.  They had an adopter.  Rob blames the cute photos and video I gave them to post on their web page.  <sigh>  Easy come, easy go?

Well... not so easy go... but that's a story for another day.


3 comments :

  1. MIlo wants to play that game, the chase me, turn around quickly and surprise the other. He makes us chase him around the coffee table like that at night.
    We don't like it, and NEVER catch him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like they have settled in really well, but have I understood correctly, you were only fostering them? Oh my that is going to be hard to see them go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, how hard to see them go. I love them, and I have only seen them on video. Yes, it would seem the video "sold" them. Thanks for sharing this little slice of joy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************