Thursday, October 7, 2021

I Like Thursday: Chocolate Tour and Quilts

Ooh - lots of photos this week.  So much went on!

This may look like wood, but this is a mushroom.  I love the color and the pattern.  Beautiful!

Went to Newburyport to celebrate my mother's birthday and attend the Chocolate tour.  My sister and nephew came along, too.  So much fun!  I love bringing home the chocolate, but the shops are fun, too!



It's been ages since I've poked around in shops.  Lots of pretty jewelry - I never get out any more, so when would I wear it?  

Isn't this pi board cool?  That's a lot of numbers!  



How about this pink tea room?  It had just been completed the last time we went to the chocolate tour.  It's open now, but only for hotel guests.

The houses in Newburyport are so pretty and very close together.  I love the little gardens.  This one was all potted flowers on a little gravel patch.  But it was stunning!


I bought some cute soap and these adorable little cards.  A successful day!  We convinced my nephew to come to next year's event. 


That was just the start of my successes for the week!  On Monday we went to the Big E to pick up my award winning quilts.  Oh, look at all the blue!  I had nice comments from the judges - they liked my binding on Golden Orrery (no corners, of course!) and the points matching on Pandemic Plaits.  And the best surprise - two people had wanted to buy my sister's quilt.  As far as I'm concerned, that is high praise indeed!

And look!  I know - it looks pretty much the same as before, but I must have modified at least about a dozen blocks and created a new one.  I'm much happier with it now.  It looks better in person - the photos still makes it look a little wonky.

Sharing with Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  


10 comments :

  1. Congratulations!
    That is the best looking mushroom I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That does look like a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your day with Mom and Sis sounds wonderful! Congratulations on your ribbons, too. You do make beautiful, and such well-designed, quilts! I'm glad your getting your newest project the way you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had so much fun in Newburyport. Congrats on the ribbons! Your quilt top looks great. I love those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congratulations, Sally, on those lovely blue ribbons..so deserving. What a thrill for you. How nice to have such a fun outing with Mom and a chocolate tour to boot. Great buys too. Yes, I've been out lately too and it feels good.
    Now are you seeing lots of mushrooms? We are amazed at all the mushrooms here this year. They are everywhere. I went out with my book, Mushrooms of North America, to see if I could name them. Took a lot of photos. That last bit makes me sound like such a nerd which I guess I am. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! Chocolate tours - that sounds right up my alley!! Look at all those blue ribbons. Big huge congrats to you and {{hugs}}, too. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to be able to get out an about. That little side garden is lovely. The cards are adorable. How awesome to be recognized for your talent yay for ribbons! Yep sometimes stuff has to marinate (I call it putting a quilt in timeout) to figure out what to do to change it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally - congrats on your ribbons! Your description of the shops and buying little soaps made me think of England and all the wonderful quaint shops we see there. We are going in a few weeks, and I am so excited! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the wave of color in your latest quilt. It sounds like you had a very interesting week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sally - congratulations on your ribbons! I remember the year I rambled around the quilting displays at the Big E, and was blown away by the quality and the variety - what a thrill it must be to have your own work chosen from such a competitive field. WOW!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************