Saturday, October 30, 2021

Icy Colors Flimsy and Some Backing

I managed to finish my monthly goal long enough ago I almost forgot to post and link up!  Finally a month that I wasn't down to the wire or missed entirely.

I fixed some blocks, rearranged some colors, sewed together a new block and assembled the quilt.  I've decided against a border and have focused on piecing together a backing with the loads of extra fabric I bought that didn't end up on the front.  

I'm also making progress with my missed September goal:  I have all the fabric for the first baby quilt and have been cutting and laying out pieces.  As soon as I have the backing pieced for this quilt I'll start assembling the baby quilt.



Progress!  It's such a nice thing.

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - October OMG Finish

4 comments :

  1. you are quickly showing your skill at abstracts. Color and line are very interesting, as is shading

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for progress! All your playing with the different pieces has resulted in a fantastic quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say yay for progress, too - Icy Waters is beautiful, Sally! I love the light to dark progression. That is hard to pull off, and you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************