Friday, December 10, 2021

Backing Choices

My one monthly goal is to get this backing done.  So far I've pieced together all the leftover half-kite pieces that didn't work on the front.  These are just the square portion of the square and pinwheels block.  These mini-blocks were harder to square than the full-size block, which surprised me.  I assembled them pretty quickly - I bet it took longer to lay them out than sew them together.  Piecing together the crumb block convinced me I do not want to make this pattern with crumbs.  There were way too many seams and bulk.

There were more pieces than I thought I had.  I sewed together three whole columns.  They just about reach to the top and bottom of the quilt.  Now I just want to add a couple of big pieces.  I have cream, gold and a very dark grey.  The cream seemed washed out.  I thought I'd like the dark grey the best, but I'm now considering the gold.   

What do you think?

 

Sharing with:
My Quilt Infatuation - Needle And Thread Thursday
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party

3 comments :

  1. What a fabulous backing for your quilt, Sally! I rather love the dark grey dancing with your gorgeous mini blocks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the gold! Whatever you choose, the backing with its leftover blocks will be a fun surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is nice in a fun way. The patterns remind me of a favorite upholstery fabric I have a remnant of.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************