Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Plethora of Pastels

I spent the weekend cutting fabric.  I like the colors in this, but they're hard to differentiate in low light.  I can't work on the arrangement in the evening or in the morning when the sunroom window tints the sunlight.  It's an unexpected difficulty.  

Even though the basic block is the same as Squares and Pinwheels, these blocks are mirrored.  This changes the cutting; the squares continue to require all half-kites in the same direction, but the diamonds need both left and right half-kites.  Some squares need right-sided kites, the others need left.  It's also going to be a challenge to sew together - all the points line up together.

This is the first throw-down on the floor.  I need to play around and see what sticks.  I'm also deciding what to do with the center squares:  all one color, or a mix of the colors on the quilt?

We'll see what happens next!

Sharing with:
Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making
Wendy's Quilts and More - Peacock Party


3 comments :

  1. Another fabulous quilt in the works. Yikes...all those points lining up together, but I know you will master them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first glance, I thought your center squares were orange! But now I guess I'll call them wood grain, lol! Interesting that the pastels are giving you visual trouble. Still they will make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************