Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Brownie and Twix

For some reason I thought our latest fosters, Brownie and Twix, were going to be girls.  Rob brought them home on Friday and I quickly realized how wrong I was.  These two are good, solid adult boars.  Brownie and Twix settled in fairly quickly - other than a screaming humpfest on Saturday morning as they re-established themselves.  (I really wish I had videoed that - it was impressive.)  After that, they turned down the volume to the normal rumblestrutting and grousing over who got the hammock or the paper bag.

On Monday I did a short session of pig torture:  a photo shoot.  I'll have next year's cards all set to go!  They were really good boys.  We started off with pandemonium as they scrambled all over the set trying to get away.  But then they found the bits of carrot and lettuce and decided this might not be so bad.  They didn't mind getting dressed up, although we got more photos of the hats falling off their heads than with them on.


Rob took 200 shots in 5 minutes.  Goodness.  Then it was all done.  I suspect Brownie was a little overwhelmed with the whole thing.  Twix was initially nervous but happily hoovered up the carrot pieces.  They were one of the few guinea pigs that didn't attempt to eat the scenery.  

Both piggies were lavished with treats when they were returned to the cage, and probably think the whole thing was just a winter wonderland dream.

Such very good boys! 


4 comments :

  1. Bravo! They are adorable!
    Merriest Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just so adorable. I don't know how you put a scarf on a no neck creature but you got them looking like models. I enjoyed your description of the process of moving in and adapting. First ones not to eat the scenery is hilarious. Is there a GP magazine you could send your story to? so funny and happy fostering through the holidays. Maybe keep them for more stories?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new guys are just adorable! I love their pretty brown and white fur with the red, white, and green Christmas hats and scarves. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Sally - adorable just doesn't seem to be sufficient! I am grinning from ear to ear! I showed my husband, and for the first time in a long time, his resolve not to have any more pets seemed to melt! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************