Thursday, January 5, 2023

I Like Thursday: A New Year

My first like of the week is that I caught up with everything (even if it's only briefly).  I spent New Year's weekend with time on my hands. How nice! 

Bleu is showing off his (and Provolone's) favorite way of sitting in the hammock.  Is it comfortable? or ist it because he can commandeer both the hammock and the cuddle cup.  Piggy pigs are piggy!


I finished off the year with a list of my projects.  And did you see that the Sea Glass quilt was done and gifted?

Project Quilting has started!  I'm making Dresden plate.  Not sure if I want it as a table topper or a pillow.  I need to decide soon - it has to be done and posted on my blog by Sunday noon.

Plus I've started my next quilt.  I have pattern and colors picked out.

We went dancing on New Year's eve.  Pre-registration was maxed out days in advance.  My second dance was with a guy who hadn't been dancing since before the pandemic.  He was so happy to be there he beamed... I could see it through his mask! 

LeeAnna asked for photos.  I spent most of the evening dancing, but I snapped this on our way out.  The crowd had thinned by midnight, this was the remaining dancers ready to welcome in the new year.

 

After getting my Dad's Navy sword and flight suit I recalled my great uncle's derby hat.  I loved this thing as a kid.  Mom found it and brought it with her on Christmas.  I need to find a good place to display it.  Either it shrunk or my head grew since the last time I put it on... I remember it being bigger!  LOL

This week's prompt - what would I like to take a class in or learn?  I took a beginner's sign language class years ago.  I'd really like to learn more and get to practice - my vocabulary is limited and I'm sure my "pronunciation" is terrible.  But it would be nice to use it.

Those are my likes to kick off 2023!  Linking up on LeeAnna's Not Afraid of Color.



10 comments :

  1. Some really nice likes in today's post. How special to have such nice items from your Dad and uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sea glass quilt is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poor little piggie under the hammock looks a little put out, haha! What fun to see the dancing pic, looks like a fun evening! You've reminded me that I have a hat of my dad's, too, and I need to display it in my new quilt room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing piggy pics and dancing photos! Those are two things I’ll never experience, so fun to see others. What a cool derby! I wish I had my dads old fedora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your hair grew to fill in the hat. Men had really short thin slicked down hair then. Love the dance info and that people are wearing masks. Those rascal pigs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new pigs are pretty cute, and I do like that technique for using the hammock and cuddle cup at the same time! So glad you got to go dancing on NYE. I once took a sign language class, too - wish I could remember it! I just tried the alphabet and can recall about 3/4 of it. It's a fascinating language!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great start to the new year! So fun to see everyone dancing. Your new fosters look so cute! So nice you got uncle's hat. Such a great way to remember your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to see you kicking up your dancing heels again. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think learning sign language is a wonderful goal. When I was a teenager, I worked on learning because we had a group of deaf people in our church. When you no longer use something, you lose it. If I had a reason, I wonder if it would come back to me. I hope you have a chance to learn and become fluent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little piggies are adorable and I just love their names. Pretty cheesy! Cool hat and how fun to go dancing for New Years Eve. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************