Thursday, January 19, 2023

I Like Thursday: A Bit of Quilting

Welcome back to I Like Thursday, where I join up with LeeAnna and friends to share the good things of the week. 

I like that I finally started cutting pieces for the next baby quilt, although it's on hold while I find some more fabric.  In the meantime, I'm working on the next Project Quilting challenge.  I decided to make another pillow.  The front is pieced and quilted - I just need to pick a color for the binding:


Pink, red or black?  I'm starting to lean away from the black.  If I do pink binding, it would be red back and vice versa if I do red binding.  I'm hoping to bind it later today, so I need to pick soon!

I like the Cheese Boys, who continue to be entertaining.  They're starting to get a little loafy from the treatment they get here.  (Although they insist I'm not feeding them nearly enough!)

That pretty much covers my excitement for the week.


I'm participating in this week's prompt:  lists.  Yeah, I love lists.  They're all over the house.  They're on my computer, too.  I make short-term to-do lists (what do I need to get done today or this weekend).  Long-term lists (what errands do I need to do soon?).  Shopping lists.  Quilting projects lists.  A checklist (or two) for work.  I keep lists for events (like what to bring to a Chick weekend and what to leave behind).  LOL.  I even recently showed off my new leftovers-in-the-freezer list (dry erase on stainless steel).  I'd forget half of what I need to do if I didn't write it down somewhere!


9 comments :

  1. I like the pink binding myself. I'm sure whatever you choose will look nice. I love your list of leftovers! I think that would motivate to use them up instead tossing them months later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the black binding. Such a pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PQ design is pretty - love the flow of curves and color! The dry erase on stainless steel is a cool idea. I never knew you could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't be able to decide...they all look good! And yes, I'm a list maker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! My favorite lesson from you is the dry erase on the stainless steel refrigerator. That is just priceless. I agree - I'd forgot everything without writing it down somewhere, for sure. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the black binding, it makes the pink pop. No, I'm not a list maker, except for grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I like the black binding too! I never knew you could dry erase on the stainless steel. Very good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking at a floral pattern or burgundy.
    Love making lists!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your quilt piece for a pillow. The rich colors, the contrasts of light and dark, the wavy design. I can imagine Jackie Kennedy wearing your design as a dress or coat.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************