Thursday, January 12, 2023

I Like Thursday: Winter Lull


Not a lot to share this week with everyone at I Like Thursday.  I spent a chunk of the week with online research - nothing fancy to show about that.  Otherwise, this week was first time in ages that I've had a few moments to myself.  It's quite nice.  

The guinea pig fosters from Dakin shelter continue to entertain us.  Bleu gets so excited every morning when I fill the pellet bowl and add new hay.  He bounces and zooms and doesn't want to settle down.


Provolone continues to loudly demand lettuce but is also the more timid of the two of them.  He DOES NOT WANT to be touched.  But he's so cute!  Just a quick little snuggle or a scratch behind the ears?

At least they've both become comfortable enough to lounge in the open rather than burrow under everything.

We'd really like a trip to Cerrato's bakery before Valentines Day, so we're hoping they'll be adopted soon!  (Yes, I am willing to trade guinea pigs for pastries.)


I finished my first quilt project of the year - this Dresden plate pillow.  A new challenge for Project Quilting will be issued on Sunday, so I'll have in-progress photos for next week.

And that's it!  



10 comments :

  1. pastries and "cheeses".... all on a dresden plate, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "piggie in a blanket" made my whole week. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They must love those little snuggle sacks - warm, cozy, and safe! Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pillow!
    The first photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Those piggies look so snug and warm in that little cocoon or even on top of it. You guys are great foster parents! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pillow! I think it's so much quieter now that the holidays are over. I like it quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet that you are guinea fosters! They are adorable. That pillow is beautiful, nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pillow really is a work of art! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally - I will trade pastries for pigs!!!! They are gorgeous! And your pillow is precious. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Provolone looks very comfy there, resting on the 'blanket'.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************