Thursday, June 14, 2018

I Like Thursday: Homebase, Howlite and Pigs


See?  See?  This is progress.  And I like it!  I have the triangles sewn to the first corners.  The Homebase block looks good, so I'm ready to start trimming and sewing the rest.


Oh, this makes me so happy.

That stack of triangles in the background are all colors I cut and tried and just didn't go with the quilt.  My goodness, I probably have enough for their own quilt.  Pretty colors - I will like whatever I put them in.  I have never before cut so many pieces I can't use in a quilt.


For those of you who have been following the agonizing tryouts, this is the final layout and colors.  This finally spoke to me.  Oh, yay!


I really like the new howlite beads I bought (old beads on top, new on bottom).  I had bought a string of mala beads several months ago and was terribly disappointed in their texture and color.  I decided rather than attempt another set online, I'd buy the beads separately and make my own mala string.  The new beads came in yesterday - a bit bigger than I thought they'd be, but otherwise exactly what howlite should look.  Yay!  Howlite is supposed to be calming - I hope to be calm as I meditate with these (once I properly string them together)!


Did you see?  I like that there was a pignic last weekend.  Lots of pretty guinea pigs on lovely green grass.  Mabel had a great time and was so very tired when she got back home.  She squeezed herself into the tiny hammock when we got home and sacked out.  (Yes, Mabel, I will make sure I put in a bigger hammock so your feet don't hang out.)

Sharing with:
Not Afraid of Color:  I Like Thursday
Freemotion by the River: Linky Tuesday

10 comments :

  1. Yay on the final placement of all your quilt pieces. I must say the final arrangement you have come up with looks fabulous. How sweet Mabel looks sleeping in the hammock; she looks thoroughly comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that little foot.... how in the world did you know they'd like a hammock?

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I'm so happy you settled on a layout, I know that's been an ongoing struggle. But more importantly, I think the guinea pig hammock plus feet hanging off is the single cutest thing I've seen in a very long time. Very long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how your Homebase quilt is turning out! I'm so glad you worked through it and the perfect colors for those triangles. It was fun to read about the pignic and see Mabel all curled up in the hammock, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mabel's little feet hanging off the hammock made me laugh out loud :) She needs the Larger model!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quilting is wonderful but little Mabel stole this post with that little dangling foot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know, I think she looks cute with the foot hanging out … maybe she's like the rest of us with hot flashes - always needs to have a body part NOT under the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is going to be beautiful! Little Mabel is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the final quilt colour placement and the cute leg hanging out of the hammock.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************