Saturday, June 9, 2018

Some Quiet Time


There's lots of whining, some rumblestrutting and the occasional snapping.  But beyond that there are long periods of quiet.

Wedgwood does not share well.  But she's not aggressive as Pinniped had been to Willow:  there's no hostile guarding and herding; she's not eating everything in sight so Mabel has nothing.  If anything, Wedg appears to be afraid Mabel will make off with the silverware when she's not looking.  It's kind of funny, since Mabel is so unassertive.

This photo is a perfect example.  I found Wedg sleeping half on the pile of hay with her butt blocking the cozy opening.  Like that was really going to stop Mabel.  I think the idea was Wedg would wake up if Mabel started eating the hay or moved elsewhere.  Not that Wedg would stop her - she just needs to know.  Because you can't trust little old ladies like Mabel.




Mabel remains quite calm through all of it, with the occasional pathetic wheek (that I've learned is drama not distress).  She's relaxed most of the time, even when eating next to Wedgwood.  I thought Boadicea was a chill pig - Miss Mabel has her beat.



Does this look like a stressed piggy?  I don't think so.  I watched Wedgwood approach Mabel while she was out cold, like Wedg wanted to hassle her.  But when she realized Mabel was sound asleep, she turned around and let her be.

So settled in just one month.  Lovely.  I'm hoping Wedgwood will become less paranoid as time goes on.  Mabel, in true old lady style, doesn't care.  Ah, life is good.

1 comment :

  1. Congrats! They are doing well! I was just wondering how the transition was going...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************