Thursday, June 24, 2021

I Like Thursday: Shop 'Til You Drop

Lots of shopping last weekend.  It started out with buying a console table that I'm converting to a new ironing board.  Then we stopped off for ice cream on the way home at this little creamery we hadn't tried before - great stuff!  We'll go there again!

Next purchase - I needed fabric to cover the new ironing board, and I knew Swanson's was the place to get it.  They always have a ton of decor fabrics.  I picked up three yards fleece I don't need, but would look cute for guinea pig cozies (and at $4 a yard, I couldn't go wrong!).  I also found two different fabrics I liked for the ironing board, plus several yards of elastic.

  


Then I stopped by Salvation Army.  For the price of 1-2 pairs of new jeans, I brought home:  6 T-shirts, 3 pairs of jeans, a pair of capris, 2 cardigan (one brand new with tags), a long twirly-skirt, a replacement Pyrex dish and a cute purse. 

Yes!

Now I have jeans I can wear without worrying about body parts hanging out of them and T-shirts that aren't stained or falling apart.  In other words, I'm fit to go out in public.  How nice!

Obviously, I'm hopeful for dancing in the future.  One can dream!  The local dance has started to discuss what will be necessary to reopen.

Still have five guinea pigs squished in the living room.  Everyone is now listed to be adopted.  Fingers crossed they will find homes soon!

I finished reading an odd little book:  This is How You Lose the Time War.  It's prose, but has a dreamy feel of poetry.  I read a chunk of it twice, tracking down all the little twists and turns.  The book referenced Travel Light, which is now on my reading list, too.

Lots of good things to like.  If only I wasn't drowning in projects.  I may need to take some days off soon so I can focus on the fun stuff.

There's more good stuff over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


7 comments :

  1. I wonder when one will be able to dance care-free again?? Nice pieces from the Salvation Army shop. Cute bag. You will miss those little piggies when they go to live in new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, loved reading and seeing your bargains. Wonderful items... Plus recycling helps the planet. Wish I could have been with you, :). Great shopping and I'm sure those cuties will be off your hands soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great bargains! You'll have to tell me all about Swanson's. My son's girlfriend wants me to go there with her. It's quite a distance from my house but it may be a fun field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally! WOW - you did great shopping. Oh, the bargains you found. That fleece was definitely something you couldn't pass up, as were the jeans and t-shirts. I need a new Pyrex dish myself . . . and maybe even a cute purse! I hope those little piggies find a new home soon. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I look forward to seeing how you finish off your ironing table! Great finds at Salvation Army, too. I'm always impressed with the clothes people find at thrift shops that look so good. Hope you get to go dancing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you're so invested in life!!! new clothes, caring for critters, creating useful furniture, reading good books... fun to read all of it

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really is a cute purse! Can't wait to see your lovely new ironing station. Pictures, please!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************