Sunday, July 4, 2021

Before and After

Saturday was a day of before-and-afters.

The first one was bittersweet:

Buckaroo Banzai and Lancelot are gone.  I feel a little guilty because when the call came Friday afternoon I couldn't scheduled them to get out of the house fast enough.  (The shelter worker was a little surprised by reaction until I explained there were five foster guinea pigs currently living here.)  

I was a little concerned about a dry patch around Banzai's eye - so they were scheduled for a vet check to be cleared for adoption.  I hope it was nothing and that they're released to their forever home that afternoon. 

It was sad to pack them up.  We'll miss their nightly popcorning and zoomies.  But wow, it is nice to have part of my living room back, and it means I don't have to buy four heads of lettuce tomorrow.

The second one is happier - the ironing board is done!

I'll post about the details soon.  I'm so glad to have it all put together.  It may have to go out on the sunroom for a brief stint - the smell from the polyurethane is still pretty potent!  I look forward to putting it to use.





2 comments :

  1. Hope your little buddies are moving on to a happy home! The new ironing board table looks great! So much prettier than the old traditional one, and with those useful shelves underneath, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's to a very happy adoption for the babies
    more room to iron now too. The chair is so cute

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************