Thursday, July 1, 2021

I Like Thursday: Birds, Snakes, Pigs

Too damn hot this week.  Thunderstorms moved through last night, which was a lovely break.  Yay for rain.

Mom visited over the weekend so I could set up her smartphone (I've got a cute photo of that... but I won't embarrass her by posting it).  I've now been using my smartphone long enough (2 years?) that I forgot how overwhelming it was to learn it all.

Mom brought a ton of fabric for me to take to Swanson's - lots of wool.  I hope someone likes making rugs!  She also brought this cool pelican to hang out with my other metals birds.  I love it!


I've been enjoying my metal swallows that I installed on a post by the driveway.  Seems like another (I think a house wren?) liked them, too.



The septic was pumped early last week.  When Rob went to rebury the tank, he found this little snake snuggled on top of the dirt pile under the tarp.  He wasn't too happy being moved from his warm, dry spot.  Look at that little tongue!  Rob said he was quite strong.  He was certainly very squirmy!


Banzai!  I let the pigs have a some floor time in the sunroom one evening.  I thought they'd like the cool tile floor, but everyone was a little freaked out by the new surroundings and the bird calls.   

I shared this on yesterday's post - but here it is again in case you missed it.  Banzai and Lancelot.  Lance does some kind of ninja leap at one point, throwing himself up on the side of the cage.  I was also rather amused that Lance is so excited over breakfast that he jumps all over it before calming down enough to eat it. 

Speaking of little critters - I had my car mouse-proofed (well, at least added deterrents).  I've been driving around more often, but it's still not been enough to keep them from partying in my car.  We'll see if this works....

I've added batting to my ironing board table top, as well as sanded and put the first layer of poly on the table build-out.  It should be ready to use this weekend. Woot!

And that wraps up the week!  Whew!  Sharing with Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


5 comments :

  1. That pelican is cool! So great that you can help your mom with her phone - that takes patience. Love those boys running around their house, especially using the tunnel as a pass through. They're a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pelican too. I can't imagine a smart phone! I worry we will all have to have them to do anything or get entrance places, etc. I'm sure that day will be here any minute.
    Such cute little guys and always amusing us.
    We have snakes in our rock formations in the back area and I love spying one. They do like to come out to bask in heat too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I didn't know better, I would think those guineas are full of Mexican jumping beans! I couldn't stop smiling, watching that video!

    I am so happy tonight - it has been raining and the temperatures have finally broken!

    As you know, my Mom has passed, but I recall many a challenge helping her adapt to new technologies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yowza, Sally!! Is everybody in excessive heat??!! Here we are, enjoying 70 degrees with low humidity - back to 99+ tomorrow, just in time for the 4th and the parades. Yay for rain is right!! Awwwww! I love that you helped your Mom with her smartphone. We help Sue's Mom, too. She is an expert texter now at 86, and she takes a mean selfie. That pelican is SO COOL!!!! LOOK at that cactus blooming like crazy!!! WOWEE! And those sweet little piggies. Love them - thanks for sharing. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather was definitely too hot but now, it's too cold! No happy medium! Your guinea pigs are so fun to watch! Love the pelican. I hope your mom is used to her smart phone now. My mom still has a flip phone! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************