Thursday, July 8, 2021

I Like Thursday: Fairy Lights and Finishes

What a weekend.  Over three inches of rain.  Happy garden!  Cool enough that I could bake (blondies, date bars, granola).  I was on call and it was quiet.  How nice!  

I like that the fawn that was hit last summer is still alive and kicking.  Turns out he's a buck - he's sporting a pair of points this year.  His right hind leg is a lumpy mess, but he puts full weight on it.  Impressive!

Lancelot and Buckaroo Banzai returned to the Dakin Humane Society on Saturday to be adopted.  Sad to see them go, but glad to be back down to three guinea pig fosters.  (And of course, Rob came home with pastries!)


Like my solar-powered fairy lights? Rob got these a year and a half ago (when we installed some guerilla art in the neighborhood).  The second set have been sitting, coiled up, in our kitchen window since then.  I finally wrapped them around our post.  

The lights have several different blinking sequences - I should have tried that out before I put the solar panel (and the controls) on the other side of the hedge.  Oh, well.

Why should I like this beat-up fan?  I wish to point out that it's a clean beat-up fan.  We finally got around to pulling apart our set of box fans then scrubbing the gunk from the grids and blades.  What a difference! (They were gross.)

I finished my pressing station this weekend!  Squeezed in some kayaking with my sister on Monday afternoon, too.  Yowza - got a lot done this weekend.


Last (but not least) on my list of likes - my mother dropped off this newspaper clipping when she visited.  Basically, it says it's good to eat chocolate first thing in the morning.  Chocolate for breakfast - I could do that!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend (especially if you had Monday off).  Linking up with Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


10 comments :

  1. Lovely list of likes. I am glad the buck is okay. My fan is looking pretty bad too. I tried to clean it but didn't take it apart. I should do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if we didn't let things get dirty and gunky we'd never have the pleasure of seeing how clean they could get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to know chocolate is good for my health! :) Nice of your mom to share that! How great to see last year's fawn is still around in spite of injuries. Your fairy lights are neat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Aunt Eva lives on with news clippings!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate in the morning!? Done! Yay for Mom!
    Fans are a must to clean due to my allergies. Thank you for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm ... chocolate for breakfast ... I like this plan. Thanks for all the fun photos and links. Every spring I clean the box fans and by midsummer, I need to clean them again. Flying kitty fur seems to be the worst of it. This year I added air cleaners to two of my rooms and it has actually helped reduce the gunk on the fan blades. Now I do not need to think about what I may be breathing in while sitting in the cooling breeze. I have Blue Air Cleaners and think they really help. I wash the outer cloth filters once a month and there is cat fur and dust stuck to them. I have not had to replace the inner filters yet. Last weekend we did manage to get the chicken grilled and ate outside under the deck canopy but it was so cool, we went inside for the ice cream cake. Tropical deluge now. Hoping the weekend may dry us off a bit. May yours be lovely ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post. Lights in the garden are always fun. So glad the littles got adopted too and how lucky that deer survived its injuries. Yes to cleaning fan blades. I find it a satisfactory kind of thing to clean. Kayaking too. You did fit in a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pretty sure I would feel sick if I ate chocolate first thing.
    Love the fairy lights!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that little buck is resilient and what a pretty face he has. Glad your GP got adopted, but their antics will be missed. Yep it is amazing when you take the time to clean out a fan how awesome they work again, and you wonder how did I get so dirty. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear the little ones are to be adopted and that the deer is well. Lucky lot of you to have to clean fans, we haven´t used ours in years - not hot enough.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************