Thursday, February 23, 2023

I Like Thursday: Cheese and Lemons

A long weekend makes for a short week!  Some nice likes, though, to share with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday.

The Cheese Boys had a little floor time while I cleaned the cage.  I need to do a photo shoot to put on Dakin's site.  They're going to try to relist these two - I can't believe they're still not adopted!  Since Provolone and Bleu have stayed with us they've gone from little boys to somewhat-loafy boars.  

 

My mother stayed with us over the weekend.  She brought these tiny little lemons that came from her lemon tree.  What a hoot!  Think I'll get anything from them?  I guess I could zest them if nothing else.

Mom also brought some amazing old Valentine cards from over 100 years ago that belonged to my great aunt and grandfather.  The colors are amazing and they're so intricate.  I'll share photos at some future date. 

This week's Project Quilting challenge was post cards inspired by Watership Down.  They're cute!

Plus I started quilting the baby quilt.  The first bit went without any problems.  Yay!  Then I broke three needles in a row on Tuesday (grr) but I seem to have fixed the issue and got another corner quilted.  I had hoped to be done by the weekend, but now I'm not so sure.  Depends if my thread and needles behave!



 

 

 

7 comments :

  1. The Cheese boys do look fluffy, and adorable. Your quilt is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Valentine's card would be such treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Cheese boys are so cute! They must be thriving at your house. I bet it was interesting to look at those Valentines! Hope your thread and needles hang in there so you can keep quilting. I'm just getting ready to do some quilting this afternoon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad the Cheese boys are doing so well. I hate when the needle/thread tend to break. Most of the time, I can never figure out why! I can't wait to see the Valentine's Day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved reading your caramel post, Sally. Growing up where dairy farms were scarce, we relied on Carnation for many things and especially for making fudge.
    Look at those cute little sweeties, enjoying life there with you. Lovely quilting lines. Yes, do remember to share those old Valentines Cards; they are special for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Cheese Boys! And look at those lemons - not going to make much lemonade!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, rookie sewing question: when a needle breaks, does one piece go flying? Am I, the ancient goat-wrangler, going to injure myself by *sewing*???

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************