Monday, February 27, 2023

Mandala Progress

My latest baby quilt is progressing!  I'm thinking about the name for the quilt.  Mandala, in Sanskrit, means circle.  This quilt certainly has circles within circles!  

My goal had been to get the top stitched together.  Not only did I do that, I sandwiched and quilted a good chunk of it as well.  I got half of it quilted no problem, then I've had some thread tension issues.  So far I have all the X pieces quilted, like old fashioned pen nibs.  Now I need the orange peels quilted.  

 

If all goes well, I'll have it quilted this week and bound soon afterwards.  How exciting - I could be done early next month!

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - February OMG

6 comments :

  1. Beautiful. It is really looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is coming out great! And you're getting it done so fast! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your center section is gorgeous, Sally! You've made great progress on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This baby quilt is so pretty. The pattern is lovely. Goodness you are kicking goals with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finishing the quilt soon is exciting, like spring flowers blooming!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************