Thursday, February 16, 2023

I Like Thursday: Valentine Goodies

This was a week of goodies, which gives me several nice things to share with LeeAnna's I Like Thursday.

Usually we stop off at the pastry shop when transporting guinea pigs to Dakin.  But we've had the current fosters since early December.  So we made a special trip to Cerrato's pastries this week.  They had a lot of beautiful (and delicious) items special for Valentine's day.  This one was a white chocolate shell filled with chocolate mousse.  Yum!



My "new" sewing machine arrived on Monday... at which I promptly broke the bobbin winder.  What?!?!  It looks like an easy repair, and other than that it runs quite nicely.  I got the chance to test it out while frankensteining some batting together. 

And that makes me happy because I'll be sandwiching the baby quilt this week.  Yay!


This week's Project Quilting requirement is to be inspired by a novel.  Took me a day or so to decide what to make.  Any guess on what book I'm quilting?  I have the pieces all cut out - I'm hoping to assemble and quilt it by Friday.

I met up with a friend to go hiking at Fruitlands this weekend.  There's a little cafe and they've set up some outdoor fire pits that face out towards some fantastic views of the valley.  Use of the fire pits are by reservation, which we did not have.  However, we happened to arrive between bookings and the attendant let us sit at one until the next party arrived.  We had hot chocolate, enjoyed the fire and the view.  I didn't even think to take a photo - it was so nice just to be in the moment. 

I hope you all had a nice week.  I'm looking forward to a long weekend!


9 comments :

  1. Your white chocolate treat looks yummy - and so pretty! What brand is your new-to-you sewing machine? It looks a little like my 70s Singer, which I've thought about using again, just need bobbins for it. Maybe your PQ project is about Watership Down?? I'll enjoy seeing what you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pastry sounds wonderful. We had chocolate covered peanut butter hearts. Your new sewing machine reminds me of my 1950s Kenmore that belonged to my husband's grandmother. Still works like a dream. Hmmm, I have no idea about the book but look forward to seeing your quilt. The hike and hot chocolate with a friend is the best way to spend time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sitting by a firepit with a great view sure sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scrumptious looking pastry. Too pretty to eat…almost! I’m looking forward to seeing your Project Quilting entry. Mine is nearly complete. Just finishing the binding tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to be in the moment sounds refreshing.I am glad y'all had a good time. The rabbitt reminds me of Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've visited Fruitlands many times. What a pretty spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pastry looks so good! How fun to be able to sit at the fire pit! Your new sewing machine looks great. I hope it's a quick fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never heard of Fruitlands so had to check out the link. Sounds like a fun place to explore with a friend. Hope your machine is an easy fix. It's a cutie. What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was in a shop last week eyeing the pastries and thought of you Sally as you often share these wonderful treats. I had one of the cream puffs and it was delicious. Meanwhile, a rabbit, Peter, Velveteen, Watership Down, ???

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************