Saturday, October 13, 2018

Cotton Twirly Skirt

I finished the skirt in plenty of time to wear to Friday's dance.  Hemming it was so much easier than I expected.  The stretch fabric eased so nicely.  I had to do a little extra work on the pocket (I forgot to sew the top of it down).  I love it!  I wish I had thought to do this with the other two skirts I made (they have a little pocket tacked on the inside of the waistband).  I'm so happy to have used this fabric to make something I will enjoy, as it was intended.  

It got several compliments last night from people who recognized it from my blog (thanks for reading!).  And doesn't it go nicely with that top?  It's certainly not too short, so I will make notes on the pattern for the amount of fabric required for this length.  The skirt is a good color to mix and match, so I am hoping it will get lots of use dancing. 

Huzzah for a finish.  On to the next project!


5 comments :

  1. I love it! And what a perfect combination. Happy twirling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally, I love your skirt! It turned out great, and looks fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your skirt is fabulous and it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous skirt, Sally. I can just see you and it, twirling around and around on the dance floor. A lovely photo of you and the skirt. A fabulous pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's going to swirl nicely and a pocket is a good idea

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************