Tuesday, May 25, 2021

May OMG Finish - Shopping Bags

I managed to make four shopping bags from three yards of fabric.  Three of them have reinforced bottoms (and then I ran out of fabric for the fourth).  

They finished up about 15" tall, with a 7x11" bottom.  We've liked the three-handle design - it's nice to be able to sling these bags over the shoulder.  The bag itself is a little shorter than my usual pattern, yet they still hold a lot.  We gave them a tryout last weekend.  Rob was thrilled to have more bags that we needed, rather than trying to shuffle things around to all fit into what we had. 

Three of the bags have the fruit right-side up on one side, and upside-down on the other.  I flipped the reinforced bottoms to have the design run the opposite direction.  One bag required a bottom seam - so that one has the fruit all right-side up.  Turns out not to be that noticeable.  



I like the color.  We'll see how well they wear.  It's nice to have new bags.  They'll get used a lot!

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - May One Monthly Goal
Love Laugh Quilt - Monday Making


5 comments :

  1. This is a great idea for pretty fabric like this! I like using bags when I shop too! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are attractive bags. As I recall, the fabric is fairly sturdy. I've seen it used on a futon cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bags are great. Fabulous fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so pretty and that fabric is truly appropriate! I like the idea of two styles of handles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice bags. Thanks for linkup up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************