Monday, May 31, 2021

Lazing About

Whew!  I think I'm just about caught up with piggy stories of my latest fosters from Dakin.

All three of these sows are expert loafers.  Browny is a moose of a guinea pig, yet can stuff herself into the paper bag to take a nap.  Bear took a shine to the hammock and would often oust anyone in it so she could have it all to herself.  Bolt was often spread out her first week here, trying to find a comfortable spot.  Now I understand why!



I try to get some lap time with each of them.  Browny doesn't like to be picked up, but tolerates being held.  Bolt is now rather anxious sitting with me.  I'm not sure if it's being separated from Banzai or simply nerves.  I'm leaving her alone for the most part, but may need to force her to endure some cuddling next week.  Bear is my favorite.  She is a wuzz (and reminds me of Mabel).  She settles in so I can sit with her for quite a while before returning her to the cage.  Sitting with a piggy can be so relaxing!


4 comments :

  1. I bet they are soft. You'd have to pet them with a finger, not the whole hand scratching that Milo wants!
    And for people who think all animals are the same and unimportant..,. look at these three who all have preferences and opinions... right... just because they don't speak doesn't mean they don't have needs, thoughts, feelings. Am I right?
    most people just aren't aware

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying your stories of the piggies! Like LeeAnna said, it's amazing (and interesting) that they have such different personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... that hammock would be a tight squeeze for two piggies, right? Or at least, that is what Bear thinks!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************