Saturday, May 1, 2021

May OMG

Happy May Day!

Some of our shopping bags are falling apart and at least two have wandered away, so Rob requested that my May goal is to make a few new bags.  He likes the Bread and Circus bags best, so I'm using them as my pattern.  It has three straps - two handles and a shoulder strap.  

I had picked up some pretty fabric at Swanson's last summer.  The fabric is a little on the lightweight side, so I'm going to reinforce the bottoms like the originals.  The bummer is the fabric design is directional, but I don't want to put in a bottom seam - so these will have upright fruit on one side, and upside-down fruit on the other.  I'll play around and see what I like (or maybe add in the bottom seam).

This should be a quick project.  I'm  hoping so, anyway, so I can get back to the Ice Waters challenge.  

Sharing with:
Elm Street Quilts - May One Monthly Goal

 

4 comments :

  1. Love fabric bags. I have to make a few new as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit fabric! I love that pattern. I cut out the fruits and appliqued it to cotton canvas duck for fancy farmer's market shopping.

    Your bag style with the shoulder strap is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fruit fabric. It will look great in shopping bags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is fun that Rob liked them enough to request more.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************