Thursday, August 9, 2018

I Like Thursday: Birthday

I had a nice long weekend.  Visited friends, did some sewing, did some cooking (did lots of eating).  It was hard to go back to work!

I like the two fawns that wandered into the yard on Friday.  Aren't they cute?  Mama wasn't far away, carefully watching her twins from the edge of the woods.



I like birthday treats.  Was it wrong to have ice cream for dinner one night?  I don't think so (it was perfect for a hot day).  We managed to enjoy this trio of pastries over a few days (though we were tempted to eat them all at once!).  We found ourselves near the pastry shop again on Monday morning, and wondered if we should stop in again.  There had been mini chocolate tart we didn't see until after our purchase....

We went out for brunch on Sunday.  I had poached eggs over salmon.  Delicious.

Speaking of poached eggs - I saw this recipe for Shakshuka a while ago (when I bookmarked this recipe for flatbread).  I decided to cook up a half batch on Monday night.  Very good.  We had it for dinner, but it would work equally well for breakfast.  I've googled several variations to this recipe and may skip the sausage the next time I make it.




I like this song that's been stuck in my head most of the weekend - but with the following words:
      You need to be wuzzed by me, just me
      And nobody else but me
      You need to be wuzzed by me, alone!
      Boop-boop-a-doop!





As I wrestle over how to finish my zig-zag quilt, I've started laying out the baby Homebase quilt.  I like that I'm using up the other grey I had cut but couldn't use.  I will also get to use a bunch of bright fabric I cut but didn't like in Stepping Stones.  Cool!

Hope you've enjoyed - now head over to Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


9 comments :

  1. Beautiful picture of the fawns! What a sight! It will be fun to see what you with the baby Stepping Stones quilt. I saw your zigzag quilt on your other post, too - that is such a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to call the the "Betty Boop Song' How cute. Those fawns are so sweet and so close to you. That Homebase quilt will be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pastries look delicious! What great restraint you showed in spreading them over a couple of days! And thats an adorable picture of Mabel(?)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfectly yummy birthday, with family, fabric and food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Look at that little rebel foot sticking out of that comfy bed. Those birthday treats look delicious and ice cream in the summer is a must. Who wants to eat it when it's cold outside?! Your baby quilt looks so cute! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that song... and those cakes!!! Hard to share, happy b-day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, that little foot is so adorable. It makes me smile looking at her there.
    Wonderful treats and yes, we need to feel treated from time to time. I always eat birthday cake.
    One of my favourite breakfasts out is bagels and lox or smoked salmon eggs benedict. I love it. I am now off to check out that Shakshuka link. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just looked at it, definitely a recipe I will try! I've been seeing these around.

      Delete
  8. Why, I think ice cream for dinner on a hot summer evening sounds like a perfect idea. Loving your homebase quilt. Your Mabel has the best life, doesn't she.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************