Saturday, August 25, 2018

Wanderings

I've written before how exhausting cage cleaning day can be.  It's really strenuous work since Mabel has been here.  First you need to explore as much of the floor as you possibly can, including the nooks and crannies that Mama yells at you for getting into.  Then, if you run out of places to go, you start chewing the grids to get up the ramp.  Mabel learned quickly from Wedgwood how to do this and has become the worst offender.  Bang!  Bang!  I had to put put a brick next to the grids to keep them in place because Mabel is so strong and persistent.

This video is a little long, but you can see how they travel all over the place.  I love Wedgwood's bouncy trot. 


I never know where they'll show up.  To top it off, Mabel is completely unafraid of a human towering over her.  I have to be careful to look where I step, or I could easily trip over her.

They're entertaining to watch as they tool around.  I need to allow extra time as I get distracted by them (and occasionally pull them out of trouble) while cleaning the cage.  I enjoy the diversion and we all get a clean, dry cage at the end of it.  Win-win. 


5 comments :

  1. I loved this video and isn't it interesting how much ground they cover. I thought what a great idea for a get together to make home made ice cream. We have done sundaes before as a family dessert but never with the home made ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the video! You said that it was long, but it was too short...I could watch these piggies All. Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I burst out laughing at one point - that Mabel really seems to have places to go and things to do! And Wedg is hot on her heels the entire time. So funny watching them chug around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They can really go!!! They are fun to watch! There's a family in our neighborhood that puts their two out in a cage for some grass but they hide when they see our dog :) Have a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so curious! And fast! Do they every pee or poop on the carpet? Mabel is a lot bigger isn't she? And they get along now, which is lovely to see. I like the little noises they make. I liked when Mabel pushed the box out of her way.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************