Thursday, August 23, 2018

I Like Thursday: Family Weekend

I like the change in the weather.  Whew!  And it changed just in time to make ice cream at Family weekend.

My little ice cream churn doesn't get as much love as it used to, but I was very happy to give it a turn on Sunday.

The rules are easy - everyone must crank to have ice cream.  Everyone who cranks gets one spoonful when the dashers come out (and possibly gets to clean off the dashers - yum).



After the ice cream ripens for a few hours, we scoop, add toppings and enjoy!  So good!  We polished off the whole batch.


I like family weekend - even if the beach cookout was rained out.  Luckily my aunt's house has a covered porch and the cookout continued!  It was great to catch up with the extended family.





I liked this fence with the oars and the flower pots.

The house is on a street named Pequod.  Looks like that sign mentioned Ahab and a white whale.  I liked the whimsy.





My cousin sent me this photo of the quilt when they finally got to bring it home.  Doesn't it go so well with their cat? 

Speaking of quilts - it's been a busy week, so no quilting.  But I'm hoping to start this weekend.  If I can get it quilted by Labor Day, I may try entering it into the Topsfield Fair.

There's more whimsy and good stuff over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


7 comments :

  1. What a pretty quilt. That ice cream making looks like fun for the whole family. The whimsy house probably has fun people in it.
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ice cream making is a great family time activity. The quilt and cat photo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade ice cream is so good - I bet everyone enjoyed it! Your quilt looks wonderful on the bed, and with the cat, too! Isn't it fun to get a glimpse of people using and enjoying your quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, pass that iced cream over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sally! Where the heck are you that some got to wear jeans in August?? Oh, to wear jeans again . . . please bring on fall. The whole ice cream making process looks like it was very fun, and delicious! The quilt does look very fetching with their cat. Almost like you planned it that way! Happy Thursday to you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, the cat is the perfect accessory to that beautiful quilt. Churning ice cream does sound like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Homemade ice-cream the old fashioned way! Brings back memories of picnics at my childhood home with dad & the men churning the 2 gallon huge ice-cream hand cranked one he had. We kids got to churn first before it got to hard. Now my son uses his electric one. Still yummy. Hope you fit in some quilting this week.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************