Thursday, August 2, 2018

I Like Thursday: Ins and Outs

It's Thursday again?  The summer is just flying by.  Time for some likes.

I mentioned Art in the Park a few weeks ago.  It's a series of art installations at Bird Park, all done by kids.  I went back last weekend and got a few photos of my favorites.  Among them were George and Martha.  They did such a great job with it!

I liked the trippiness of Alice in Wonderland and the Mad Hatter's tea party, but the photos didn't capture all the little details.






Watership Down is one of my favorite books (although it's been a while since I've read it - it may need to go on my reading list).  I recall reading it with my sister when we were young.  The painting is great, but I really liked the paper-mache rabbits on the raft.  
Aren't these wildflowers pretty?  Saw them on a walk in the corner of someone's yard.  The Queen Anne's lace stand out most in the photo, but there were lots of blues and pinks and yellow in that bunch.  They were tall, too.  Worked as a privacy fence.

I like this gumbo recipe.  I used shrimp instead of chicken for my last batch, which turned out quite nice.  We also made a pot of chili with chicken thighs and great white beans.  We really liked that.  Quite delicious.  Will definitely do that again.

We just finished re-watching Case Histories.  Reminds me a bit of the characters from Cormoran Strike books.  I liked the quirkiness of the series (but it was too short!). 

Linking up with Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Thanks for stopping by.


8 comments :

  1. What fun sculptures and such a great idea to have children do them. I have such fond memories of Watership Down. I read the book and then Mum and Dad took us to see the film when it first came out, what an adventure that was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to say I LOVE that Art in the Park idea! That is so much fun and loved seeing what the kids did! So wonderful!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post sent me off checking out Case Histories...not on our Acorn as far as I can tell-disappointing as I think we'd like it. I also went to the gumbo recipe and realized I am subscribed to the King Arthur flour site...great baking there. I too loved Watership Down back in the day. Love rabbits. Our Queen Anne's Lace is in bloom now too. Thanks for a great post to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!!!!! I LOVE George and Martha!!! I still have a couple of the George and Martha story books from when I was a kid. I especially love the one where George poured his pea soup in his shoes. I think the idea was that he didn't want to tell Martha he didn't like the soup, and in the end she said he should just be open with her, but I've always loved the mental image of a giant hippo pouring soup in his shoes. So fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny! We just walked past a yard last night with 5 bunnies in it, and dh said look, Watership down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Art in the Park is fun! I love that it was created by kids! The gumbo and biscuits recipe looks yummy - thanks for the link to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally! Oh my, those wildflowers look gorgeous. At our last house we lived on a corner, and right next to our house was a culvert. One year I had a bunch of wildflower seeds and I sprinkled them all along the length of the culvert (125'). Most of them grew and they gave me much joy! Happy Friday, friend! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great art pieces...wonderful idea for families!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************