Saturday, August 4, 2018

Zig-Zag Wins

I posted a few layouts for my triangle strings and asked for feedback.  My Facebook friends largely voted for the zig-zag layout.  I tried one more layout with these hexagrams.  Nice, but I kept coming back to my original design.  That's what I'm going with.

What I had originally called braided rows (or zig-zags) looked more like fish scales when lined up next to each other without shashing.  So I decided to pair triangles by the color of their long edge.  Many matched color as well as the width of that particular fabric.  I like how it looks.

Once I paired up triangles, the layout came together fairly quickly.  I've started sewing it together and may have a completed top early in the week.  These are thick blocks.  I figured the seams were going to need pressing in different directions based on the placement, so I thought it would be faster and easier to press them all open.  Ugh.  I forgot how much I dislike pressing open quarter inch seams.

Looking pretty good so far!


Sharing with:
Confessions of a Fabric Addict - Can I get a Whoop Whoop?

6 comments :

  1. So cool! I really like the second layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that layout you chose, it has depth! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be an amazing quilt! Love it. Great job with your strings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your second layout looks 3D. I like how you matched the outer strip. This will be an awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, you have come up with the perfect arrangement. Yikes.....all that pressing of all those seams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job...layout looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************