Thursday, August 16, 2018

I Like Thursday: Rain, Humidity and Green

Good grief, we've had nothing but rain and humidity for days.  The rain has actually been quite nice.  I enjoy listening to it while working.  Plus I am amused at the amount of curl my hair with all this humidity.  But I'm done - I want cooler drier weather!

The rainy weekend kept me in, so I sewed like crazy.  Love this!  I have the zig-zag quilt all sandwiched up; baby Homebase is together with backing and binding ready to go.  I'll probably sandwich it tonight.

I like my clean headlights.  I knew they needed it, but wow!  What a difference.  I also like my mechanics.  They've done some great stuff to keep this old car going.  At this point, the car doesn't owe me anything - but please, just a bit longer?  She's a great little car and I will be very sad when she gives out.

I like that I finally, finally got to go dancing after a six week hiatus.  Note to self:  don't wait so long!


I like when Wedgwood and Mabel chill together.  These two really get along, which is more than I ever expected with Wedgwood.  Now that they've settled in, I rarely hear any conflict.  They often do their own thing, but it's nice they hang out together, too.



Duckweed and pretty are not words you'd think could go together. But when I walked by the pond two nights that's what I thought.  It looked like malachite with all the swirls of green.  It was really cool.




So many different greens (I couldn't pick just one photo).

I like that eggplant is coming in season.  I made eggplant chicken parmesan the other night.  Delicious.

Oddball little likes, but they all made me smile this week.  If you enjoyed this, there's more to like over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.

7 comments :

  1. Rainy days and sewing like crazy go hand in hand. The patterns in the pond are very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie, that does look like malachite! I like your likes especially the pigs getting along. What a grand picture. The East is getting flooded with rains this summer... wet winter and summer. Guess your trees are liking it! You'll be considered a rain forest soon. The rain here is never rain, but a violent explosion involving downpours, hail, blowing winds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, your pond is gorgeous! It's amazing how nasty the headlights get and how much nicer it is when we notice them and clean them up. :) Hubs did that the other day too. Please send your rain my way....never thought we'd be wishing for rain in the Pacific Northwest but we are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The various greens in the pond are amazing together. I am growing eggplant in my garden for the first time....ready to start cooking with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are quite the pictures you got of the color of the pond water - amazing! Glad the rain gave you lots of sewing time, too - it's such a great feeling to get projects finished up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sally! The colors on that pond!! Wow - God does amazing work. I love those two hanging out together - and there's that little rebel foot, hanging out like always. That must be a comfortable way to sit! Oh yes on the eggplant. I love it! Happy Thursday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous greens of the pond, lovely photos. Glad to see Wedgwood and Mabel happy together- It´s pouring with rain here in the north of spain after a beautiful start to August.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************