Saturday, September 8, 2018

Bittersweet

I have arrived to what feels like home.  It's odd, because I am here no more than five minutes and I start to yearn.  For what?  There's a crush of feelings.  This particular weekend in September reminds me of people I've loved (I still love) that are no longer living.  At the same time, there's the anticipation of my friends arriving for a chick weekend.  There's the peace and comfort of an old familiar place.  I miss what I've lost and love what I have.  It's a wonderful feeling, even with the tint of sadness.

I finished a book of Rumi poems Thursday night.  He speaks of longing; love's confusing joy.  I suspect that has colored my feelings, has made me pensive.  So I am grateful to have a little time to be still, appreciate the quiet, even for a little while - before the frenzied happy activity of the weekend begins.

3 comments :

  1. Sending a cyber hug!!!! I know it's difficult with Wedgie being so ill. I keep remembering you both in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thoughts, Sally. I hope you have a lovely weekend with your friends.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, Sally!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************