Sunday, September 16, 2018

Nauset Light to Campground

One last leftover from Chick Weekend - then I swear I'm done.  Well, maybe a couple of more photos in the next I Like Thursday post.

We stay in Eastham, a short walk from Campground Beach.  Nauset Light (from yesterday's post) is on the ocean side of Eastham, three miles straight east from Campground.  When we got back from Nauset Light I recorded what high tide looks like at Campground for comparison.  These two clips were taken only an hour apart. 


Impressive, isn't it?  Wide open sea compared to a protected bay with a strip of land in-between.  You can hear the wind blowing at the first part of the bay shot; it was quite blustery at the top of the stairs.  But the water was so still.  It looked like something straight out of Myst.

The other neat thing about Campground beach is the difference between low and high tides.  It's hard to see with these photos, but it should give you some idea.


It's all sand flats and puddles at low tide.  You can walk up to a half mile straight out from shore to reach the edge of the water.  The middle photo was taken two hours before high tide.  The last photo is at high tide - the water is just covering the sixth step.  I'm more than ankle-deep standing on step five.  I bet it was waist-deep off the bottom step (I had just put on dry pants having come from Nauset - I wasn't about to test the depth!).

 

1 comment :

  1. I just love the Outer Cape, too. We used to tent in Truro when we were first married...
    such a beautiful spot...thanks for the video--loved seeing it...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************