Thursday, September 13, 2018

I Like Thursday: Seen Around Eastham

I have so much to like, it may spill over into next week.  I jammed myself and six friends into a cottage on Cape Cod this weekend.  It was wonderful.  Even with all the terrific goings on with them, I had a chance to notice some fun little stuff.  So I'll start with that.


I was amused by these mailboxes.  Five of them lined up and not a single one the same height as another.






The mermaid in the tree caught my eye and brought me over to this yard.  All the yard art was pretty neat, but I liked the mermaid the best.





I like bayberries.  The bushes I saw at First Encounter Beach had a ton of berries on them.  Lots of powdery blue among the bright green leaves.  I remember trying to make bayberry candles at a kid - it required a lot berries to get a little wax!





We were at First Encounter beach to attend a sand sculpture contest.  There were some great sculptures.  I absolutely loved the expression on this seal's face.  Look at those sea grass whiskers!  That won me over - I voted on this entry for Viewer's Choice. (They didn't win Viewer's Choice, but they did come in first for the Family division.)






I saw these silver flamingo earrings and pendant at the Windmill Weekend craft fair and immediately thought of Lee Anna (our hostess for I Like Thursday).  Of course they needed to be included in this week's likes!





My sister and I had dressed to go kayaking and realized we were the same colors as Mom's quilt:  two browns, two blues and cream.  Love that!

Thanks for dropping by.  There's more fun things to see over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.


9 comments :

  1. So many interesting and neat things to see. Those Flamingo earrings are fabulous and isn't the look on that pretty seal's face adorable. It sounds as if you and your friends had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally! What fun you had and how nice that you got to spend time with your sister. Those mailboxes just strike me as funny, too. HA! I love the sand sea otter - they did a great job. I'm glad you had fun and saw some interesting things to share with us. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great likes! Love the mermaid! And that sea otter, how can you not love that. I bet your had a blast this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mailboxes are funny. I also thought of Lee Anna when I saw the flamingo earrings. Glad you had a fun time. mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seal is super cute! And those mailboxes would drive me batty. So strange! I wonder if they were all put up at different times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mermaids! I collect those too! And flamingos! And sisters... you two are very pretty together dressed like a quilt!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did your sister bring the fold-up kayaks?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds like it was a great weekend! I loved the mailboxes and the yard art, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Mermaid in the tree is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************