Thursday, September 6, 2018

I Like Thursday: Nice Surprises

I spent Sunday with my mother, sister and nephew.  It was kind of a belated birthday celebration for me (because I had the audacity to let it quietly slip by).

We were walking around Puffer's Pond when this frog leapt out of the brush and landed right in front of me.  Startled the heck out of me - he was really moving until he came to a stop.  Then he waited for me to take photos.  Aren't the colors great?  He really was that green.








I am amused I got a real birthday cake.  With candles!  I can't recall the last time I blew out candles on a cake.  Oh, if only my wish would come true!  Regardless, it was delicious chocolate cake and fudgy frosting.  Alas, it is all gone.




I like this four pound container of blueberries.  My sister got an identical container.  No wonder Mom was anxious to get together with us - she needed to get blueberries and chocolate cake out of her freezer.  I need to start making blueberry cake.  Hmmm...  I've never blogged that recipe.  I may need to do that.

Some simple likes this week.  There's more over at Not Afraid of Color's I Like Thursday.  Enjoy!


10 comments :

  1. yes you need to blog the recipe. Did you kiss that frog just to test the old theory about princes? Of course who needs a green prince with warts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday! That cake looks yummy, as do the blueberries. How fun to have that frog land right at your feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberry cake? MMMM. What a happy looking frog. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...please share the recipe. Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh a birthday cake! I think you are like me Sally and don't enjoy being the center of attention. Love the frog and the bucket of gorgeous blueberries. Simple is better!And I too await your blueberry cake (no pressure) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm not a big frog-lover, but it's a better pic than the guinea poo bottom! I think it's time to bring on some more quilty pics...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sally! Look at all those delicious blueberries! We went over to Michigan last weekend and saw many signs for blueberry picking although I didn't think this was the season for that. Your birthday cake looks delicious and happy belated birthday! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - when I first saw the frog I thought it was a ceramic. Very colorful. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Four pounds of blueberries! Wow! And Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you, Sally! That chocolate cake does look delicious. I am not surprised that every crumb has gone. Fabulous colours on the frog. How marvellous you got such a great photo of him.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************