Monday, September 17, 2018

Wedgwood's Fifth Birthday

Wedgwood is officially five years old.  I still suspect she's a little younger than that, but we'll roll with this.

And what a year for rolling with stuff.  Since her last birthday Wedg has lost Boadicea, then lost weight, then eventually gained Mabel, and lost some more weight.  Through it all she's kept her attitude, her pointed nose, and her fan club down at the vet's office.  I suspect she's kept all her badness, too, but she's less inclined to dish it out with Mabel.  That tells you how well they're getting along together.  They're a great pair.

Happily nestled in hay

We recently discovered Wedgie had also gained a tumor some months ago.  Not something we wanted; not nearly as fun of a gain as Mabel has been.  Initially diagnosed as a partial stomach torsion, I put Wedgwood through surgery, hoping to correct the problem.  No such luck.  However, she has recovered from her surgery with flying colors.  She may be a bit thin, but beyond that Wedgwood actually looks and acts better now than she has all summer. 

So happy birthday, Wedgwood!  I'm thrilled to have you kicking around.  I wish for you many months of acceptable health.  Let's see if we can beat out the vet's prediction, shall we?


5 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to Wedgwood! I think she is very entertaining! Glad she has recuperated from her surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Wedgwood.
    You strike me as a girl who likes to prove people wrong so keep it up xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy day to you girlie girl. You look fabulous. Doctors guess but loving care can do wonders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wedgwood has packed in lots of eventful and interesting moments this year, hasn't she. Fingers crossed she has many, many more months of fun and happy living. Happy Birthday to Wedgwood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Wedgwood! I want you to know I will be having cake and ice cream in your honor today!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************