Thursday, September 20, 2018

I Like Thursday: Leftovers, Odds and Ends

I like walking the beach on the off season.  Lots of sand and water, not many people.  I was amused by this sign I had not noticed before - it claims to be Pervert's Perch.  I'm sure it has a great view of the beach below.

I met a goofy golden lab on my walk, too.  He looked like he was digging to China at the waterline.  He was putting a ball in the hole, then digging deeper.  I stopped to talk to his caretaker - said the dog just liked to do that.  At this point, the dog took notice of me, ran over and dropped the ball near my feet.  The guys were impressed - evidently he doesn't share his ball with just anyone.  I threw it into the water - further than any of us thought I could.  The lab was thrilled and went swimming after it.

I also enjoyed meeting a pair of treasure hunters that day, with their metal detectors.  All they had found were nails, no doubt flung from the construction site at the top of the bluff.





I like my aunt's sleigh bells she uses as her doorbell.  They're big.  And they're loud!  And they have a very pretty sound.  Would have been a better photo if I hadn't smudged the lens.  Sheesh.




I really liked the calm water at high tide at Campground.  The water was clear enough to view the rocks and little schools of minnow.  It was perfect wading water (but I had just wrung myself out from a wet trip to Nauset Light).


I have finished quilting the zig-zag quilt.  I am thrilled.  Binding is going on and I'm hoping it will be done in time to reveal at the Blogger's Quilt Festival.
I accidentally shot this photo.  Isn't it neat?  It has great colors and the symmetry.  I was out there with the camera because the lighting was good for... um... cookies.  I have recipes to share soon!  Everything has happened at once and I can't write and post fast enough.

And with all that's going on, I'm still going to squeeze in a trip to the Concord contra dance tonight.  Whee!

Huzzah for I Like Thursday!  Check out more likes at Not Afraid of Color.


7 comments :

  1. Hi Sally! Oh, I wish I could hear those sleigh bells. Makes me think of a certain song, ring-ting-ting-a-ling-too. What a name for a lookout - Pervert's Perch??!! I'm sure you have a calm aura or that lab wouldn't have shared his ball with you. Apparently he knew you would give it a good throw and not just keep it! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun list! It's pretty amazing that dogs make up games and can play alone if need be. They'd rather have a willing woman walk by and throw the ball I'm sure. The final photo is such an art photo. I'm wondering how you could us it as inspiration for an art quilt... lines, colors, etc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying your posts about your Chick weekend! I love any time spent walking on a beach, and living in Colorado means it's a huge treat to get to the beach! You found all kinds of interesting things to like while you were there - thanks for sharing them with fellow beach lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart idea to use sleigh bells by your door. Anytime spent by the water is always great. Thanks for sharing the beach with us land-locked former Beach bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos! I have sleigh bells inside my doors. Scout rings them when she has to go out to do her business. :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sleigh bells. I have some (not nearly that nice) that I get out at christmas and I hang them from all my doorknobs. You can definitely tell which are better quality when they ring, and they have such a nice sound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Everything has happened at once and I can't write and post fast enough." SAME!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************