Saturday, September 29, 2018

Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies

Yup - I found another recipe that has a name that's bigger than the food itself.  It's about time to make my candy corn bark and I always have extra pretzels.  So when I saw this recipe, I knew I had to give them a try.

The pretzels are salty enough - I'd probably skip adding any salt on top when making these again.  I had just run out of chunky peanut butter, so I added peanuts to the batter to help make up for that.

Not bad!  They are reminiscent of Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, which I love.  I'd certainly make these again.


Peanut Butter Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything)

1¼ cups flour
1 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
⅔ cup crunchy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips (more for the top)
1½ oz (⅔ cup) pretzel sticks, coarsely crushed
flaked sea salt

Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined. Slowly add the flour mixture until just combined.

Add the chocolate chips and pretzels and mix until just combined. Refrigerate until dough is firm, about an hour.

Preheat oven to 350°.  Scoop a spoonful of dough and roll into a ball (walnut sized or a little smaller). Press extra chocolate chips on top if desired.

Bake for 8-12 minutes or until cookies crack on top and are barely golden brown. Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and sprinkle with salt while cooling. They will continue to cook as they cool.

1 comment :

I enjoy reading your comments and I strive to reply by email (if you're not set to no-reply).
**************************************************************************